This theatre was designed in 1866 by Anaclerio. The management of the works was given to the architect Federico Santacroce, the ornaments was given to Raffaele Affaitati and the the interior was painted by Giambattista Calò, a painter of Barletta.This theather, called “town theater” was inaugurated the 6th of April 1872. The premier was Machbeth of Giuseppe Verdi. It represents one of the best examples of Neoclassical architecture in Puglia, especially for the elegant forms and for the balanced proportions inspired by “San Carlo Theatre of Naples”. The artistic director was Giuseppe Curci until his dead in 1877. Nowadays it has been administered directly by the local authorities.