Chiesa Madre San Nicola
The Church dedicated to St. Nicholas of Bari is the oldest and most important church; was built during the Romanic period next to the Norman / Swabian Tower. Its construction was begun, probably around 1200, as shown by the Corinthian capitals different from each other and adorned with acanthus leaves and palmettes. The construction works were subjected to interruptions and slowdown because of fire and destruction due to invasion of the Hungarians and Bretons and the earthquake of 1456. It was completely rebuilt between 1495 and 1505 during the Venetian domination.