Chiesa Matrice San Giovanni Battista
This is the main church of the town, it is located on “an ancient small temple”, demolished around 1330 in order to create a new and wider structure. It is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of the town. It was opened to the church-goers in 1600 after many years of works, the refurbishments and decorations were continued also after the opening of the church. The bell tower built on squared plan is in baroque style and was finished in 1763 with bulb dome, which was destroyed by a lightening in 1897.