Chiesa del Carmine
- Daily: 09.00-22.00
It was a church of the Old Town dedicated to the Madonna del Carmine. After its destruction, the devotion to the Virgin did not fade away and in the Church of Santa Maria La Nova, an altar on the left aisle, anciently dedicated to S. Domenico, was transformed into Blessed Virgin of Carmelo. The symbol of the Madonna of Carmine was placed at the top, while in the niche it was located a valuable and magnificent dressed wooden statue, sculpted by an artist of Terlizzi, Giuseppe Volpe, in 1847.